Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creating...It's Good for the Soul

I am compelled to create...whether in dirt, at my sewing machine, behind my camera lense.
I cannot seem to help myself. My hands seem to have a mind of their own.

Creating brings me joy, peace and hope. And, hope, for sure, is an anchor for the soul!

I seem to forget the disappointments of life, the hurts from others, the fall of family members, my physical aches or pains, the sad faces of children, widows, or friends who have had tremendous loss.

For that moment I can just let my mind wander and temporarily live in a fantasy world.

There is only one place perfect without hurt, mean words, or sickness, and that is Heaven. One day all our troubles will not matter, if we belong to God.

When I dig deep into the warm earth and insert a new plant, I wait in anticipation for days to see it in full bloom reaching for the sky.

When I enter Little Italy (My studio) flick on my chandelier, turn on my music (David Phelps, Celine Dion, Wynonna Judd...usually) and close the door, sit down behind my Husqvarna in the rays from the window, all is well with the world!

I have many faults, I make many mistakes, but I do know this...my creative juices get me through and help ease the pains of this life and give me hope and anticipation.

Forgive me Lord for my many failures, my unkind words, my impure thoughts....with your help I will do better tomorrow. Help my hands to create for you.

Proverbs 3: 5, 6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.


In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

1 comment:

Traci Michele said...

amen great post! I agree... it is a gift from the LORD and healing we need sometimes.

Love, Traci